Sunday, November 25, 2012

The First Leg of the Journey

     Well last Monday we were packing our bags and setting out on the road to Calvary. In the spirit of being transparent with you, honest to a fault and really holding myself accountable to God, before you I have to say my car stalled in the driveway.
I know, I know, sad isn't it.
I hear this happens to people.
I don't know but I can say I let it happen to me.
I started out with the best intentions (squirrel, that's like chasing a rabbit but different!)( does anyone ever start out with the worst intentions? ) and derailed. I was in my bible, praying and everything. Talked to my hubs about serving in different ways, made some plans, read a little, had some thoughts, bought some really good books to you know increase my spirituality, and . . .  then.
Not.    Much.   Of.    Anything.
I stalled.
That was pretty much it.
Went to church on Sunday and listened to a great a.m. message. I can't remember much of it but I do remember it was GOOD! But the Sunday night message, yeah well it was a little more then good, it was mine. These words were the jump start I needed to get me going. They were my private words from God, written just for me. I busted out my notepad and went to jotting down some notes. Two pages later, . . . Two pages later God had told me what he wanted me to do and how to do it.
It was painfully simple.
Yet so very hard, . . .  on my own.
These were the 8 points. I've adlibed here and there, and taken a creative liberty with it but it was my message from God so it's ok!

 1) God uses people who are already doing
     the right thing. 
     That's not just the obvious.
     It's studing, praying, reading,
     memorizing scriptures,
     pursing Him completely,
     being in church, being the salt and the light.
     ( I have some work to do here.)

2) God uses those who can be interupted.
    Are you willing to be flexible?
    Are you willing to drive a different direction?
    Be late?
    Miss something?
    (I'm good here! With B around I'm awesome
     at flexible! Well I am until #3)

3) God uses those who pay attention
     to the needs of others.
    (I'd like to think I'm good here,
     but the truth is somedays
     I have a hard time seeing past me and
    my little circle of mine.
    Sometimes I see a need and
    won't let myself be interupted to meet it.)

4) God uses people who inspire hope in others.
    ( I strive to one day be this person.
     Sometimes it's hard and I don't always want
     to remember who I once was and
     the path I once walked.
     But to deny this is to rob God of His glory.)

5) God uses those who use what they have.
     ( I am what I am and thats all I am!
      I admire many different people
       and at times have strived
       to immulate them, but I'm not.
       I'm not like them. I'm not them.
       I don't have their sweet spirit,
      soft voice, poetic words, or great hair!
       I'm loud, sarcastic, sometimes a little brash,
       I like to think I'm humerous,
      (atleast I find myself funny!)
       caring, not a push over,
       sometimes a little hard
       when I need to be, and
       I use great hair products
       so I atleast look like I have pretty good hair!
      That's me.
      That's what God created and
      what God wants to use.
      I need to remember this.

6) God uses people who know
    the source of their power. God
     ( I can do all things not through me
     but through GOD who strengthens me.
     I remember this in the big stuff,
     need to remember His power
     for the little stuff too.)

7) God uses those who will try their best
     and leave the rest up to God.
     (A little like 6. Guess I really needed
     to remember this one!)

8) God uses those who want Him
     to get all the glory.
    (I have never done one single thing
     worth mentioning.
     Now God, . . . well that's
     a whole nother  ball game.
     He has used me a time or
     two to do His work.
     I always feel blessed, overwhelmed,
     completely inept, and scared
     I'll screw it all up. But then I remember
     God doesn't make mistakes
     If I step back, let Him have control
     He can do miraculous things.)

I wish I could take credit for these awesome points but alas it's all God via a guest pastor visiting our church. Thanks Kevin for passing me a love note from God. Tell Him yes I'll pick up my cross and follow Him.






No comments:

Post a Comment