Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DisneyWorld

I feel like a five year old.

     Let me just say that taking a "Spiritual Journey" is like taking a trip to Disney World. At first your all like "Woo Hoo lets go!! This is going to be great!" and then your all "Are we there yet? How much longer till we get there?"!!!  (squirrel) When our preacher went to Israel his kids said it was like his Disney World!
     But seriously I'm striving for that relationship with God, ya know the kind that you see people like Ann Voskamp or Lisa Terkeurst have. These are women that you know suffer the same problems as the rest of us but handle them in a way that only comes from having more than a personal relationship with Christ. From having that no questions asked, I'd do anything for you, till death do us part, BF F's forever and ever kind of relationship. I want to say "Man this is hard work." but the truth is I know it's the easiest thing in the world to accomplish. It's simple really.
 Pray.

 Read my bible.

Study His word.

 Not hard at all. Not like oh I don't know trying to lose way too much weight after having my 3rd child and letting myself go just a little (lot).
    
     Like everything these days I want instant gratification. There's no instant gratification with relationships. They take work, effort, time, time, time. Here's that whole "Are we there yet!! How much longer!!" part.
     So I feel like a five year old, bouncing in my seat, asking if we're there yet, waiting excitedly for the grand adventure to begin.

The best part about being an adult during this is that, I know that getting there is just as great as being there.

It's called a journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment