Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Mini Me

     Ya know when your around someone so much you start to pick up some of their characteristics. When Brylee was about a year and a half she would point her finger at you with her thumb sticking out as she got on to you. Well a good friend asked where she got that from when his son answered "Dad haven't you ever noticed Mrs. Angela does that". Well a little later he watched as I was talking to someone and lo and behold I did it. You see when we're around someone ALL the time, when we spend so much time with them we can't help but act like them. My parents laugh because my kids act JUST like me. They are my mini me's. They're with me so much they simply mimic my behavior. ( The good and the bad!)
  Well like children who mimic their parents character traits we too need to mimic our Father's traits. Here's the kicker though. Brylee mimics me cause she's with me. She doesn't mimic I don't know Jennifer Aniston cause she's not around her. Same goes for us. If we don't spend time with our Father we can't mimic Him. We can't become like Him.

 Exodus 34:29  As Moses descended from Mount Sinai-with the two tablets of the testimony in his hands as he descended the mountain-he did not realize that the skin of his face shone as a result of his speaking with the Lord.

   After spending time with God, Moses had a radiance about him. His face shone with the love of our Lord. Think about it. He just spent time with God and not only got to bask in His presence but he also was putting the law of our Lord in his heart. He had just received the 10 commandments, had just spent some very fulfilling and intimate time with God. He not only picked up God's physical characteristics but also His spiritual.
     Now imagine if we spend time in God's presence like Moses if we too tuck His Word and laws in our hearts. We too could be more like Him.
  Hmm something to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment