Sunday, April 15, 2012

Are you better than a DOG?

     So this morning I'm sitting in church listening to my Pastor preach, I'm looking at the verse he's reading and a different verse caught my eye. I read this verse and it set me to thinking.

     All of us have something we struggle with, a sin of some sorts. It might be small or it might be large, maybe its a lack of confidence in the blessings God will bestow on us, could be our own personal idols (you know that thing you put BEFORE your time with God) sleep, work, hobbies, t.v. books, music, the list is endless. The point is we each have that one thing that trips us up. That we let trip us up. We pray about it, give it to the Lord and then take it back, pick it back up. I hate when I do this but today I saw this crazy behavior in a new way. In a new light. Really bad fluorescent light.

2 Peter 2:20-22  If they've escaped from the slum of sin by experiencing our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ, and then slid back into that same old life again, they're worse than if they had never left. Better not to have started out on the straight road to God than to start out and then turn back, repudiating the experience and the holy command.
* They prove the point of the proverbs, "A dog goes back to its own vomit" and "A scrubbed-up pig heads for the mud."

     So my question is,   "Are you better than a dog?" Do you keep going back to the that same struggle over and over and over again like a dog that goes back to its own vomit. Man that's just gross! Every time I read that I just keep thinking how very NASTY that is. Yet that's what we're doing.
 
   But wait!! We are better than a dog!! God loves us so much more than the dogs He created. He sent His Son to die for us not for the dogs

   Hebrews 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Hmm, something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment