Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I want to be FAT!

I know what your thinking! "You want to be fat? That has to be the most absurd thing you have ever said and trust me I have heard you say so pretty crazy things!" Well you heard me right. I want to be fat. I don't mean a little plump but so stinking fat it should be a sin. I have been skinny for too long. I have starved myself to the point that I now know I'm anorexic.
Those of you who know me are scratching your heads thinking "Um Angela, your really not that skinny. Weren't you just saying the other day how you're trying to drop a few pounds? Sugar trust me when I tell you that you are definitely not anorexic, far from it. Somebody bless her heart!"
Thanks I always need a blessing! But here's the thing, I'm not talking about physical weight. I'm talking about spiritual weight. God has promised that he will fill us. Through Him we will find complete and total satisfaction. He will provide for us the richest food we could possibly enjoy.
*ISAIAH 55:2 "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare."
We will have such an abundance that it will over flow.
*Joel 2:24 "The threshing floors will be filled with grain; the vats will overflow with new wine and oil."
I don't know about you but I have been starving myself. I've put off feeding my soul for so long I didn't realize how hungry I was until I sat at the Lords table and my mouth began to water at the abundance He laid before me.
*EXODUS 16:15b Moses said to them, "It is the bread the Lord has given you to eat."
Sometimes its good to feel a hunger. A hunger to win, to get in shape, to work harder but God never wants you to hunger for him. He has provided Himself to us at all times so we can feast on His word continuously. We should be glutenous when it comes to God's word. Eating until we're about to pop and then taking one more bite. Everyday in Gods presence should be like a ThanksChristmasGiving Feast! Eat up and pack on a few extra spiritual pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment