Thursday, February 24, 2011

You'll poke your eye out!!




Lets do a little "experiment"! Are you ready? Okay now I want you to stick your finger in your eye. Thats right just do it. I know, I know. Tell me how did it feel? It hurt didn't it. Could you see clearly after you did that? I bet not at first. That is sin in our lives its like a finger in the eye. It hurts us and causes us to not see things clearly. When we judge others we're judging with imperfect vision.

Matthew 7:4 ASV
Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me cast out the mote out of thine eye; and lo, the beam is in thine own eye?

So often we judge others. I catch myself doing this daily. Whether its their clothes, hair, makeup or actions I tend to judge. I'm trying to remind myself that this person that I'm judging either likes what they're wearing, how their hair looks or what they are doing OR its the best they're circumstances allow. There are times when your asked to sit on a jury and judge someones actions but thats not what we're talking about here. This is our daily sin of judgment. I ask, are you perfect? Are you sinless? Have you never done something similar? Were all of your fashion choices in life runway approved? Were you a kid in the late 80's and 90's if so we know you had hair to repent for!

Matthew 7:1 NIV
"Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Luke 6:37 NIV
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Matthew 7:2 NIV
For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

The scripture goes on and on for this subject. Hmm I wonder if God was trying to tell us something?

No comments:

Post a Comment