Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Newer not Older



Psalm 25:7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness sake, O Lord.

(left to rigt) My cousin MaryJo, Deana and myself.


While reading my daily devotional yesterday I came across this bible verse and it just spoke to me. I started thinking back to all the sins of my youth (let me just say there were MANY) and I just thanked God that He has showed me His mercy. When I run into people from my past I'm ashamed of my actions and embarrassed when they want to reminisce. All I can do is pray they see the changes in me and for the opportunity to show them how Jesus has changed my life, my decisions and my thoughts. I'm not the same girl I was 20 years ago, (thank you Lord Jesus for that!) nor the same woman I was 2 years ago, or even 2 days ago. Every day that I grow older and I steep myself in His word, I grow newer! I'm newer today than I was yesterday because today I grew more in Jesus word and love. I don't know about you but I like being newer instead of older! The more I read His word and learn His ways the fresher my faith is. You can only accomplish this through a daily walk with the Lord. This I think is the hardest part and sadly enough its the easiest. Just a little bit of your morning, 30 minutes that's it and *BAM* your newer, fresher, better! I can spend 30 minutes in the shower getting cleaner, 30 minutes on hair, makeup and clothes getting "prettier", 30 minutes eating breakfast, drinking coffee getting slimmer (or fatter depending on what I'm eating!) 30 minutes or more doing Zumba trying to get slimmer, 30 minutes planning my grocery list and dinner menus getting better organized and financially sound. Yet its so very hard to spend 30 minutes with the Lord getting into his word and becoming a better servant to him. My preacher preached a message on New Year, New You...your attitude. Well he got it almost right. New DAY, New you,...Renew your attitude. I don't want to wait and make a New years resolution each year. I'm making a New Days reVolution each day. Today I was in Gods word. Tomorrow I might fall BUT that's okay because I'll get up dust my old self off and on the next day make me a little bit newer.

No comments:

Post a Comment